Caring for gold filled jewelry is easy. You just need to be aware of what may cause it to tarnish and give it a good clean when necessary. Gold filled jewelry is far more durable than gold plated jewelry but it will age at different rates depending on your body chemistry, how often and where you wear it.
While we understand that you'd rather wear your pieces constantly everyday (we do it too!), it's ideal to keep it away from harsh substances and giving it a clean every now and then.
How To Care For Your Gold Filled Jewelry
- Take off your gold filled jewelry at night and give it a gentle rub with an absorbent soft cotton cloth.
- If you've been to the gym or at the beach then rinse your gold filled jewellery in warm water and then dry it with the same absorbent soft cloth.
Avoid Wearing Your Gold Filled Jewelry
- Swimming pools. The chemicals used are harsh and will damage your gold filled jewelry faster. If you wear it accidentally, clean it thoroughly as soon as possible.
- Gym. Getting sweaty at the gym is not advised while wearing your jewelry; it would be better to take it off.
- Cosmetics and sunblock. Wear your jewelry on last, and take it off first.